Saturday 11 August 2007

Saturday night

After being at the girlfriends, listening to her whinging all night, I decided to treat myself to an entry to the Insomniacs tourney, which usually attracts some of crypto's better players, Tom has recently broken his laptop and so was on the desktop computer on the final table of the $4500 gtd (he finished 2nd, $900) so for the first hour of the insomniacs i had to play blind with the aid of my stand in Adam 'The Aceman' Jackson and my mobile phone.

At the start of the second period we had managed to keep me in contention and I soon started shifting through the gears, taking a combination of small and medium sized pots until i found KK on the BB, CUTEMOFO raises to 300 from early position, so i re-raise to 550 trying to entice another re-raise or at least a call, he does call and to my horror the flop is xAA, ''oh poo'' fortunately it becomes apparent very quickly that he is not carrying and i end up walking away with a nice 2k pot just before FT.

4 left and my stack is tiny, so I set about staying alive to try and out-survive the other short stack, as only 3 places get paid, He soon doubles and leaves me no choice but to become aggresive again, which I managed to do very well.
After around 40 mins of a period i called 'stayin alive' I eventually knock the other SS out on AQ vs his A6

Around 15 mins later i find myself heads up with an on form SUN_DESHI who's performance with a large stack throughout most of the tourney was played to perfection and as I was chip counted 4/1 it never looked like taking long. I did manage to double on 66 vs 22 but when i decided to gamble on QT to try levelling things up he eventually got the better of me, although i am happy with my prize of $630.00

Also this afternoon, as well as the TLB freeroll and a few others i managed a 5th in a 1.5k gtd (£120.00) and a cash in the $2500 gtd although my QK was no match for JJ

All in all a good days work, no tournament wins, but a couple of 2nd spots and some nice cashes

I wont be playing sunday, but good luck to all that do,
Jimmy.

2 comments:

A & TT Goes live: said...

""After being at the girlfriends, listening to her whinging all night""

I hope she doesent read this blog!
not a very nice thing to say dear.

Aceman said...

hehe I am a good stand in cya in the ntx