Tuesday 7 August 2007

Introduction

Hi,

My name is Jimmy Cairns, although i guess 99.9% of people know me as 'The less stressy Eyesight brother' Im 22 years old and am a self employed loft converter, and play 8ball pool for the Oxfordshire county 'A' team and was a runner-up at the national finals in selsey 2007

I first got into poker playing silly £5 and £10 friendly games at my local snooker club, it didn't take long for the bug to bite me and i became more involved with my 20 year old brother Tom (he would have been 18 and me 20 at the time) Tom was already heavily involved in the world of poker and i decided to sit behind him and learn more about the game, He spent the best part of a year teaching me many of the ins and outs of the game, most of the time i spent watching and taking mental notes, we soon started playing together, occasionally Tom trusted me to play his account on my own and eventually i set my own up (eyesight2) I always remember wandering how an 18 year old boy knew so much and was so good at the game, Tom was an excellent tutor and incredible player, We both acknowledge and accept that we are still very young and both have a LOT to learn, But putting my neck on the board I believe despite Tom's hot headedness and unpredictable mood swings, we are among the best young players/new-comers around?

After a few months playing as eyesight2 i was doing fairly well but decided to make a new account which i still often use (Eyesight:) i changed purely for the reason that i'd forgotten to put a capital 'E' in eyesight2 lol. on the first day of its use 26th feb 2007 i put £150 into the account and qualified for, what was then, the £12k gtd i placed 4th winning £914.00 and have since spun that into more than £15k plus a CPC'07 lite package.
I know its not mega bucks yet, but im getting better with every game played and enjoying every second!

As I embark on my 'poker career' lol id like to say a few quick thank you's:

Firstly Tom, thank you for being patient and helping me grasp a better knowledge of the game, your a great player, a brilliant tutor an amazing best friend and the most incredible brother ever!.......................................just chill out!!!!!! lol

people such as Mihay Manole, Clinton Orchard, Jonny McCann, Afzal Hussain, Dave Duncan etc etc the list goes on, thank you for all the chats, hints, tips, critisisms and general friendlyness, it doesnt go un-noticed

Adam (sunpoker) thanks for looking after us! lol.

will post first post about saturdays poccer results soon......................

bye for now, Jimmy.

No comments: