Wednesday 5 September 2007

1st tourney win for a week!!!!!

You wait ages for a bus and 2 come along at once!, The same is true of my tournament wins today, having had the most terrible week and a half of poker all year, i finally had a good day yesterday! I got home from work with around 4 hours to spare before i had to go out and so decided to feed my addiction i played the DEEPSTACK £22+2 event and with only 13 runners i won fairly comfortably, doubling first hand when my 66 flopped a house 644, the prize pool was very small but £150.00 is better than fuck all.

I also decided i had enough time to play the £1500 gtd event which had 78 runners, I played very steady poker all the way through and i only put my chips in the middle once before the final table when COSTY pushed a 9 high flop when i was holding KK, he had JJ but missed, I controlled the final table, which seemed to be full of 1st timers nervous to be in the money and not wanting to play hands, which i duly exploited, (a quick hint to you beginners, avoid phrases like '' well played guys good luck all'' and before final table '' come on guys1 more and were in the money'') this just shows people that you are not used to cashing tourneys and shows a possible weakness, it may, as a result, mean you are subjected to more raises and heavy pressure, best thing to do is say nothing, remember people are always looking for your weaknesses.
Back to the comp then, lol, I ended up Heads up against the worst player i have ever come across, the phrase 'candy from a baby' springs to mind. I collected the £468.00 1st prize and was on my way round t the girlfriends for an evening of whinging, nagging and general boredom :>

You will all notice that Eyesight: will no-longer be around (for the time being anyway) but if you check all the usual leaderboards you may find an unfamiliar name or 2, could 1 of them be me???????

No comments: